Grant Program - Residents and Fellows
Application is now open!
Thank you for your interest in our grant program for residents and fellows.
Please complete your application below. If you have questions you can consult our “FAQ” section.
Application deadline is 9/30/21.
Who is eligible to apply?
Applicants for Resident and Fellow Grants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible:
- A U.S citizen or an individual granted deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA) status
- A resident or fellow in an ACGME accredited residency or fellowship program
- Underrepresented ethnic or racial minority consistent with the National Science Foundation definition: African American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Native Americans (American Indian/Alaska Native/Native Hawaiian), and Pacific Islander.
Employees of Panacea Financial, their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, and promotion agencies and the families of each are not eligible.
What is the program timeline?
For Resident/Fellow Grants below is the tentative timeline:
- Application Open: August 1, 2021
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2021
- Grant Recipients Notified: November 30, 2021
- Grant Checks Issued: Mid December, 2021
Is this award renewable?
No – it is one time award. Previous winners of the resident/fellow grant are not eligible to apply again for the grant.
Applicants from previous cycles who did not receive an award are welcome to reapply as long as they continue to meet the eligibility criteria.
How are winners selected?
For resident/fellow grant are evaluated by our selection committee comprised of the board of directors (excluding Dr. Jerkins) and the Executive Director.
What are the award details?
Resident/Fellow Grant award winners will each receive $1,000. Approximately twelve (12) grants will be awarded per cycle. The grants can be applied to research, professional-related travel, professional memberships, study materials, medical journals, board examinations, or equipment.
How and when are funds delivered?
For Resident/Fellow Grants:
- Funds will be delivered via one (1) check made payable to the applicant that will mailed to your home address that was listed on the application.
What supporting documentation is need for this application?
For Resident/Fellow Grants applicants the following must be submitted with your application:
- Letter from Program Director or Associated Program Director from your residency or fellowship indicating trainee is in “good standing”.
- Picture of Work/Hospital ID Badge.
All uploaded documents must show your first and last name.
What are acceptable file types to upload?
File types that are acceptable are as follows: .pdf, .tif, .png, .jpeg, .jpg, .bmp and .xps.
How will I be notified of the status of my application?
Notifications are sent through email with the listed email address on your application.
What notifications will be sent to me?
- Application submission success (immediately after an application is submitted).
- Application is incomplete/ineligible (within two-four weeks of submitted application).
- Selection Results (per the aforementioned dates per award program).
- Funds Disbursed (immediately upon disbursement of award).
Basically, to continue to be an amazing physician with the continued drive to make medicine better and improve communities. We will be promoting our winners after selection and would like (with your permission) to use your picture, name, and any supporting bio (written by you).
It can depend on how the winner uses the grant award. We provide a 1099 and suggest winners speak with a personal financial accountant for more guidance. Below is some additional information regarding taxable scholarship/grants.